The Best Double Electric Breast Pump Basics
While manual and battery-operated breast pumps are more affordable, they can also be inefficient and time-consuming. Finding the best double electric breast pump is essential for moms who return to work full-time or are frequently away from their baby and can’t nurse regularly. Having the best double electric breast pump can also be a godsend for moms on the go, freeing them from being tethered to the nursing schedule. Circumstances like having preemies, twins, an inadequate milk supply that needs boosting, and latching problems can also be aided by the use of the best double electric breast pump. Many health insurance companies will even cover the cost!
- Biphasic expression mode with excellent vacuum strenth.
- A closed system feature, which prevents backflow of milk by creating a physical barrier between the pump and the breast milk.
- Affordable price compared to other hospital grade pumps.
- Allows you to customize the speed and rhythm of the pumping cycle to individualized comfort.
- “Massage” mode mimics a short shallow mode to stimulate the letdown reflex. Once the flow of milk has started, the mother can switch to “expression” mode mimicking the baby’s sucking pattern.
- Lightweight (4 lbs.)
- Replacement parts are expensive and not easy to order.
- Users report higher than usual motor malfunctions and vacuum seal issues.
- No battery pack options.
- Users report that the motor is very loud.
- Lacks the features and reliability of the Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump
- 3 Customizable pumping styles and 8 adjustable suction levels
- LCD Screen with timer keeps track of time
- BPA and BPS free
- Part of the Pump-Store-Feed system
- Simple to Use – comes pre-assembled, and with few parts
- Easy to Clean -closed system does not allow milk to back flow
- Lightweight (3 lbs)
- Can use with batteries when you’re on the go.
- Less expensive than the Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump
- Users report weaker suction.
- The motor is loud.
- Replacement parts are difficult to order.
- Powerful hospital-grade provides more efficient output than any other pump.
- The best double electric breast pump for exclusive feeding (preemies or other medical issues that make breastfeeding impossible, babies who could not latch, etc.) and for twins that require more milk production.
- 2-Phase Expression technology (proven to achieve faster milk ejection and faster milk flow).
- One touch let-down button allowing easy return to stimulation phase.
- Single or double pumping.
- Includes container stand, Quick Start card, protector for card/cord, 3-year limited warranty.
- Required kit includes everything you need to start pumping: tubes, bottles, membranes, breast shields and valves (sold separately)
- The kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
- Includes rechargeable batteries for on-the-go use.
- Whisper-quiet operation.
- Easy to clean.
- Replacement parts are easy to order.
- At 6.7 lbs, a bit heavier than the average breast pump.
- Considerably more expensive than other pumps due to hospital grade.
- Soft cushion with 5 massaging petals that help gently stimulate milk flow.
- Three easy to use expression settings.
- Includes adapter for international usage.
- Closed system keeps milk from coming into contact with tubing.
- Parts are dishwasher safe.
- It includes the natural bottle and nipple for easier latch-on and transition between breast and bottle feeding.
- Reliable fit, even for large-breasted women.
- 2-year warranty.
- Lightweight (2 lbs)
- Compact and includes carrying case.
- Allows you to sit comfortably upright while you pump (most do not).
- Users report loss of suction.
- The large flange that is included is not suitable for most nipple sizes. If you use the wrong size, you are in for cracked and painful nipples (order appropriate-sized flanges, sold separately).
- Loud motor
- For about the same price, lacks many of the advantages of the Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump.
- Is not compatible with a battery pack.
The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump Backpack is by far the best double electric breast pump.
- 2-Phase Expression technology with one-touch let-down button produces more milk in less time when pumping at maximum comfort vacuum in the expression phase.
- Stylish microfiber bag with built-in pump holds everything you need to pump.
- Allows for single or double pumping.
- Battery pack lets you pump anywhere, anytime. (8 AA batteries not included).
- Compatible with a car adaptor (sold separately).
- Hands-free kit available (sold separately).
- Single knob speed/vacuum adjustments for comfortable pump settings.
- Includes AC adaptor, removable cooler bag with contoured ice pack holds 4 breast milk bottles and ice pack to keep breast milk bottles cool as well as 24 mm breast shields, PersonalFit connectors, valves, and tubing.
- Replacement parts are easy to buy for the Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump.
- Quiet motor.
- 7.1 lbs is slightly heavier than the average pump. However, the pump is housed in its own case that comes completely out of the backpack. This allows you to leave the pump wherever you’ll be using it (ex. at work) and only take the bottles or bags of expressed milk back and forth in the cooler. Since the majority of the weight of the Medela Advanced Double Breast Pump is in the pump itself, this is a wonderful feature.